Basement Vault Repairs- River North
FirstService Project Management was engaged by FirstService Residential and the Board of Directors at this River North Condo Association to investigate the scope of work required for the installation of a retaining wall to close off the vaulted basement and eliminate existing water infiltration issues. Our diligent pre-construction phase included the following scope of:
- FSPM obtained 3 bids from engineering firms for the development of specs and drawings for the installation of a retaining wall and vault ceiling under the vaulted sidewalk.
- FSPM performed in-depth scope reviews of each firm
- Provided BOD with an Exhibit A of total Engineering cost to be approved.
- FSPM developed a bid form based on specifications and drawings developed by selected Engineer.
- This bid form was sent to 3 bidders in all required trades as an RFP
- FSPM performed a pre-bid meeting with selected contractors to ensure understanding of the RFP and to answer any RFI’s.
- FSPM performed in-depth scope reviews of all received bids for adherence to scope and specifications developed by Engineer.
- FSPM delivered Exhibit B to BOD for approval
- Exhibit B to include base bid number, along with any alternates
- Exhibit B to include FSPM’s total cost to manage the construction phase of the project.
Following this comprehensive pre-construction phase, FSPM managed the following scope of work:
- Demo and removal of existing steel and sidewalk
- Existing steel column and base plate repair
- Build reinforced concrete foundation wall
- Install new structural beam and supports
- Provide and install precast hollow core concrete planks
- Provide waterproofing and drainage per drawings
- Comprehensive Cleaning
- Replace damaged brick and tuckpoint as necessary