Fitness Center Renovation- River North
FirstService Project Management was engaged by the Board of Directors at this River North Condo Association to perform a critical pre-construction assessment as well as manage the impressive renovations of the fitness center and formerly used whirlpool room. FSPM was engaged after the BOD went through a bidding process with drawings produced by an outside design team. This process yielded bids with a delta so large that there was a lack of confidence in the scopes of work that were proposed. FSPM was engaged to review the drawings, provide value engineering options that can reduce the overall cost of the project, and bring the project total within the Association’s anticipated budget.
Following this important pre-construction phase, FSPM was engaged to manage the construction phase of the project which includes:
- Daily Coordination and Comprehensive On-Site Construction Management of the project.
- E-mail prep and delivery of a detailed progress report on a weekly basis to inform the BOD of the project’s daily progression, any issues that may require a team discussion, as well as a weekly, overall schedule update.
- Superintendent produces daily reports that will include the contractors onsite, scope of work completed, and a snapshot of the work expected the following week.
- Comprehensive project accounting and billing of the project.
- Scheduled Progress Meetings.
- Coordination and management of all City building inspections in conjunction with the selected sub-contractor(s).
- FSPM provides a monitor in a centrally located common area that provides the residents with an update and look-ahead schedule.
- Safety Management: Safety inspections of the job site are performed by our onsite superintendents and periodically through safety professionals provided by Hygieneering, Inc. (G3’s affiliated company which is a full-service safety and environmental engineering firm).
- Establish and execute a final punch list to deliver the project in a professional and time efficient manner.
- Project submittal, clerical support, and delivery of the close out package to include, applicable equipment manuals and warranties.