Roof Replacement- Lakeview
Following a successful façade renovation project for this Lakeview Condo Association, in which over $300,000 was returned to the Association in cost savings, FirstService Project Management was engaged to manage a critical Roof Replacement project. This project was performed in three phases. First, the south wing was completed in order to address water infiltration issues. Then, the east half of the main tower was replaced so that the pavers could be stored on the other half. Finally, the other half and the penthouse were completed. FSPM’s services included:
- Daily Coordination and Comprehensive On-Site Construction Management by FSPM Superintendent to ensure that the work is being executed per the plans and specifications while supporting the project’s established schedule and final cost.
- Preparation and e-mail delivery of a detailed progress report of the project’s daily progression along with any issues that we may have to discuss as a team.
- Coordination and management of all Chicago building inspections.
- Comprehensive project accounting and billing of the project utilizing the project’s schedule of values to include obtaining all waivers of liens and sworn statements from sub trades to support each progress payment.
- Coordinate access with building management.
- Communicate with unit owners to inform them of the construction process, schedule, and expectations.
- Safety inspections of the job site performed daily by FSPM’s on-site superintendents and periodical random inspections through safety professionals provided by Hygieneering, Inc. to support a safe work site and ensure compliance with applicable EPA and OSHA standards.
- Establish and execute the final punch list to deliver the project in a professional and time-efficient manner.
- Project submittals, clerical support, and delivery of the close out package to include as-built drawings, applicable equipment manuals, and warranty documents.
In addition to the roof replacement, FSPM also oversaw the installation of a new roof access door as well as the necessary brick work performed around the perimeter of the door. Also, the Association added the installation of exterior lighting in the aluminum fascia to be included in the scope.